[mythtv-users] OT: netboot without custom dhcp settings?

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 00:49:21 UTC 2015

Hi List -
I've been netbooting 3 of my FEs for the past few years but...
I got AT&T gigabit installed yesterday (yay) but the gateway doesn't have a
passthrough mode and it's DHCP server gives me no way to add the necessary
"dhcp_boot=pxelinux... " to the DHCP responses (booo).

Is there any way to netboot without custom DHCP options?  Maybe a small
bootloader on a usb stick to give it the tftp host and path?

Tried googling but have come up empty thus far...

Thanks in advance.
Dvae