[mythtv-users] HD PVR possible to use non-Hauppauge blaster?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 02:02:25 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am looking to get a HD PVR to capture Australian pay TV (their STB is
*horrible* to use).

The second hand device doesn't include the IR blaster, despite being a 1212
model.  Can I just use one of the other blasters that I have which came
with a MCE remote or my old AverMedia capture cards?

On the mythtv support front, I see that the HD PVR is supported.  Does that
mean the backend automatically handles the channel changing via its HD PVR
driver?  Or is the blaster handled through a script and lirc?

Cheers,
Dave