[mythtv-users] USB DVB-T2 tuners

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Mar 25 17:46:27 UTC 2015

On 25 Mar 2015, at 16:13, Alistair Grant <akgrant0710 at gmail.com> wrote:

> will be safer for now to stick with USB2 ports, which use the eHCI
> drivers.

Erm, well I have a friend with a MythTV system, Ubuntu 12.04 I believe, he has a DVBT tuner for every mux and a T290e for the main HD mux. He says that it’s only the USB3 ports that work reliably! It’s a Gigabyte motherboard, I can find out exactly what if anyone is interested.

He does hammer the system as he records all the channels from 7pm to midnight every day, keeps about 6 weeks worth. He’s known as the local iPlayer replacement, does mean he finds bugs and buggy hardware quite quickly!

> There are known issues with some Intel USB3 controllers

I think this guy’s board is for an AMD CPU and therefore chipset.

Andre