[mythtv-users] Need tuner trade-off information with Comcast service

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 19:48:03 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 6:54 PM, Michael Wisniewski <mikewiz38 at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...  Some people have horror stories, but when I called, the lady
> asked if it was a Tivo or HDHomeRun Prime tuner.  Maybe I just got lucky...

<ANY_vendor> CSRs are hit or miss.  Most get it right (they
have their playbook to follow), some do not, and sometimes
the problem is simply out of their hands (requires local
engineering support).  I have validated enough CableCARDs
to have encountered all those cases.  Most of the time
everything just works smoothly  But, of course, most is not all.

One must remember that people tend not to post for
successes.  They post for failures, and their frustrations.
And CSRs are human, with all the usual human frailties.
I would expect that the CSRs have many thousands of
reasonably successful and unremarkable interactions per
day with their customers.  And a few that make the news
cycle.  Yes, they should be rightly chastised for mistakes,
but to me, it is not if a mistake is made, but how it is
handled and resolved.