[mythtv-users] Playback looks at screensize not at monitor or windowsize

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 16:47:17 UTC 2015

Hoi Mike,

Friday, June 12, 2015, 6:19:13 PM, you wrote:

> Dear Hika,

> I read that you only recently have given a second output display to
> your main 'desktop'.  I also remember that you use Gentoo, from

> Have you enabled the 'xinerama' USE= flag? Even though Nvidia does not
> support 'classic xinerama' as it were, XRandR screen sizing and
> viewport management (the '2 rectangular boxes' for each screen, out of
> the larger merged framebuffer) still does use these extensions.

> Without USE=xinerama set, and rebuilding of all affected packages,
> then nothing will understand which monitor it is on, and you will
> experience very strange things.

> I used 3 monitors: 2x1920x1080 and 1x1280x1024 in a horizontal layout
> (5120:1080 framebuffer) and before USE=xinerama and the other
> recompiles, KDE just went bat crazy.

> Try this, if you haven't already, let me know how it works.

> Mike

I don't have it set explicitly so I guess it's off. But it was a
replacement screen and xinerama has to be off in screenlayout.
I actually have dual monitor for maybe two year. At first the classic
way and I seem to remember that I removed xinerama from useflags when
I moved to the nvidia way. Your problem could be KDE related. I used
gnome2 and now mate. But I will give it a try.
On a quick check I see xdpyinfo, x11vnc, xosd, qtgui, gtk+, libsdl,
mplayer, marco (mate-wm), xine and wine using the flag, but of course
I can not see what it changes. I'm surprised I do not see vbox in the
list.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven