[mythtv-users] h.264 question

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 02:23:26 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 1:57 AM, Scott Chevalley <avalon at osguru.org> wrote:
> So, my question is, can the Ceton decode an h.264 stream properly?

The Ceton (and all digital tuner cards) do not decode the transport
stream, they just pass it through to the application that does.  Your
tuner is "good to go"(*).

There are many reasons to for the '2048' message, sometimes it is
a low bitrate stream (radio), and sometimes it is because the
channel is actually copy protected (which MythTV cannot access).
I believe there is some sort of Ceton diagnostic web page that
could tell you the copy status of the program (the tuner status
page if my recollection is correct from reports of those using a
Ceton tuner).

And sometimes it is something more complicated, such that
you will have to turn up logging on your BE and/or FE to
determine.

(*) Well, until FIOS moves to their rumored next gen IPTV
service, and then everything changes (again).