[mythtv-users] Channel Icons

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Fri Jun 5 20:03:02 UTC 2015

On 06/05/2015 12:52 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 06/05/2015 02:33 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
>>>
>> The SQL statement shows full path names for the channel icon files.
>
> I believe the proper answer is retrieve the icons again (as user
> mythtv*.)
> However if someone wanted to change a single icon column to the filename,
> then the browser command would work for that channel (and for the FE.)
>
> *If you choose to retrieve icons as yourself, I don't think the MythTV
> police will raid you home. And the link solution will work.
>
> All programs are accessing the icons via the Services API - the same
> command as you just used from your browser. The icons are stored
> relative to the built-in ChannelIcons storage group (which automatically
> uses ~mythtv/.mythtv/channels.)

I got icons to work in the frontend.  I removed the symlink I created
(/home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels) and recreated the directory
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels.  I then created the directory
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/home/<myuser>/.mythtv with a simlink
(channels) in it to /home/<myuser>/.mythtv/channels.

/home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/home/<myuser>/.mythtv/channels ->
/home/<myuser>/.mythtv/channels

This seems to work.
Jay