[mythtv-users] Anyone Using LIRC on CentOS 6.6?

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Jun 4 16:45:46 UTC 2015

On 6/4/2015 9:32 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 07:20:05 -0700, you wrote:
>

>> On 6/4/2015 6:27 AM, Roald wrote:
>>> To get this working on Centos 6, I think I had to downgrade to lircd 0.8.7
>>>
>> How did you do that? 0.8.7 requires kernel modules and none seem to be
>> available for the updated kernels in 6.6. Hence my struggles with LIRC
>> 0.9.0.
> Mythbuntu 14.04 (which I use) also uses LIRC 0.9.0.  I have my LIRC
> setup using devinput available for download from my web server:
>
>    http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/mythbuntu-devinput-lirc.bz2
>    (8589 bytes)
>
> I have no idea how relevant it might be to Centos 6, but you are
> certainly welcome to try using it.  I know it took me a long time and
> quite some effort to convert over to using devinput.  So I hope you
> can find something in my setup that will help you with yours.

Thanks. Things do have some crossover. Maybe
DISABLE_KERNEL_SUPPORT="true" is something I need to look at. But I
don't see it in /etc/sysconfig/lirc. I assume your hardware.conf file is
the one configuring the daemon.

Do you remember how you tested output? Did you use ir-keytable like I'm
being told to?