[mythtv-users] Anyone Using LIRC on CentOS 6.6?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Jun 4 16:32:14 UTC 2015

On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 07:20:05 -0700, you wrote:

>On 6/4/2015 6:27 AM, Roald wrote:
>>
>> To get this working on Centos 6, I think I had to downgrade to lircd 0.8.7
>>

>How did you do that? 0.8.7 requires kernel modules and none seem to be
>available for the updated kernels in 6.6. Hence my struggles with LIRC
>0.9.0.

Mythbuntu 14.04 (which I use) also uses LIRC 0.9.0.  I have my LIRC
setup using devinput available for download from my web server:

  http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/mythbuntu-devinput-lirc.bz2
  (8589 bytes)

I have no idea how relevant it might be to Centos 6, but you are
certainly welcome to try using it.  I know it took me a long time and
quite some effort to convert over to using devinput.  So I hope you
can find something in my setup that will help you with yours.