[mythtv-users] Anyone Using LIRC on CentOS 6.6?

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 06:06:21 UTC 2015

On 04/06/15 03:10, Hika van den Hoven wrote:

> I don't understand how they can exist both.
> A module coming with the kernel will create /dev/input/event??
> A module coming with lirc will create /dev/lirc?
> They won't create both, so it looks like you have two modules loaded.
> Could it be that one of your tv-cards is also ir-capable?
> With: udevadm info --attribute-walk --path=/dev/lirc0
> and:  udevadm info --attribute-walk --path=/dev/input/event14
> you can examine their origin and the drivers used.

That both exists is the basic design. The kernel driver makes decoded
data available on an /dev/input/event device but also exposes the raw
timing data on a /dev/lircX interface. This is all in order.

This is explained in more detail at
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/lirc.org/html/configuration-guide.html.

Cheers!

--alec