[mythtv-users] Copying channel definitions from one instance of MythTV to another

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jun 3 06:51:41 UTC 2015

Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems like the secret is to find out which transponders you want, delete the others and scan only against the ones you want.

Ah, why didn't I twig that one - we have the same issue here in the UK if you can pickup signals from more than one Freeview transmitter. The other way of handling it is to delete all channels and all transports, then scan just one frequency. If your DTT works like ours then the information included in the stream contains a list of other muxes (transports) on the same transmitter - so if you tick the box to grab them, you then have the transports for your selected transmitter and can then scan current transports.