[mythtv-users] ECS Liva stuttering on some Channels

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 14:29:22 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Brent Haag <brenthaag at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Alan Walls <Alan_Walls at trimble.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  Over the last week I switched to using an ECS Liva frontend but
>> unfortunately I'm now getting lots of stuttering and audio sync drifting on
>> some channels.  It appears that the Liva can handle SD and 1080i @ 30fps
>> but can't handle 720p @ 60fps.  Does this match what others are seeing or
>> have I setup something wrong?
>>

> I seem to have the same problem and have setup mythbuntu up similar to
> Alan (original poster), but I am still on 14.04.2 LTS.
>
> However, my stuttering seems to occur on 1080i content...I didn't have
> time last night to confirm 720p content, however. I just setup this machine
> last weekend after my old (very old) Zotac HD11 died. It seemed to be
> working great until yesterday when the stuttering started and I wonder if
> it 1080 vs 720 content. (SD played fine last night)
>
> --
> Brent Haag
> E: brenthaag at gmail.com

I've been quite on this but thought I would chime in since I am not running
mythfrontend but running openelec w/ Kodi.  I too have a liva that I have
been testing with, I would see the flashing also but I haven't had the time
to sort it out and figure out what the issues were.  I had this on the
family TV but had to put the pi2 back in service since its much more stable
and works better.

The Liva has lots of potential but their appear to still be some issues
with the Intel video, I've tried different vaapi options but never was able
to nail down the issues.  It's much faster then the PI 2 with menu's etc
but not near as polished.  I will try to spend some more time testing with
it to see if I can figure out what the issues are and see if we can make
some progress.