[mythtv-users] FIOS copy protecting national Fox channels

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Jul 16 21:00:53 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 04:39:56PM +0000, Brian Sanders wrote:
> I would be interested in a letter writing campaign.
>
> Mohu is an antenna I take it (from the quick google search I did).  As it
> stands right now, the channels that are being CCI protected are cable only,
> so I don't think that is going to help you any.  If someone has some
> experience with the HD-PVR stability, I might pick one of those up from
> ebay.  I just hate that recording my own shows is getting harder and
> harder, while downloading them illegally would be so much easier.

I have two HD-PVRs from my Time Warner days.  In my experience, they
tended to be pretty temperamental.  A lot of that was probably due to
the USB controller on my backend at the time and on the firmware on
the STB.  I'm debating on whether or not I want to break one back out.
I hate the idea of having to pay for an HD STB (I don't currently have
any) just for a few channels.

David
--
David Engel