[mythtv-users] How to use multiple recording templates

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Sat Jan 31 12:42:02 UTC 2015

Nikolai Lusan <nikolai at lusan.id.au> wrote on Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 02:32:40PM +1000:
> Hi,
>
> So I have set up multiple recording templates in my recording rules -
> one for normal commercial TV, and others for the nationally owned
> broadcasters who don't have any (or in one case limited) ads. While the
> templates exist in the recording rules I don't see a way to use anything
> other than the default template for creating recording rules for
> individual programs (be they movies or series). Am I missing something
> or am I going about this the wrong way?

Here's one way: After you've scheduled the progrma to record, go into its Edit
Recording Rule screen. From there, hit MENU (typically the M key) and choose Use
Template. That should bring up a list of the recording rule templates you've
defined.

To go into a program's Edit Recording Rule screen, first select it in the Guide
or in the Upcoming Recordings screen, and then hit SELECT (typically the Enter
key). You should see "Edit recording rule" in the menu that appears.