[mythtv-users] MythExport

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 22:55:53 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Thanks for the compliment, Thomas, I see that the info in the link is
> > relevant, but have no idea what to do with it. It makes me wonder though,
> > the more I read about Mythexport it seems it is for Ios users. Is there a
> > simpler way to move a transcoded file into the videos location?
>
> For moving recordings to mythvideo I use mythvidexport.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvidexport.py
>
> I have a custom patch to this I wrote which avoids the copy in cases
> where I have a transcoding script transcode the file first and write
> the transcoded video into the mythvideo location.  In this case
> mythvidexport just needs to copy the metadata into the mythvideo
> tables.
>
> > Or occasionally to a flash drive or Android tablet?
>
> For Android, I use mobile myth to stream the file from mythvideo.  It
> should work to download it as well, if you want to watch it on the go,
> but I don't typically do that.
>
> Eric

Thanks Eric, this seems more like what I need, for clarification though, as
I consider the user job setup the command "mythvidexport.py -- cutlist
%JOBID%" should an edited cutlist, without the need to transcode first?
And curiously enough there is a mythexport in my user jobs, probably
causing the problems that started this thread, I'm guessing? It is likely
baggage from something setup in 12.04 and brought forth with my database to
14.04. I think I'll remove it from the user jobs when I put mythvidexport
 in and remove mythexport once and for all, via Software Centre, unless
anyone can see a reason not to.