[mythtv-users] MythExport

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Jan 30 17:52:18 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the compliment, Thomas, I see that the info in the link is
> relevant, but have no idea what to do with it. It makes me wonder though,
> the more I read about Mythexport it seems it is for Ios users. Is there a
> simpler way to move a transcoded file into the videos location?

For moving recordings to mythvideo I use mythvidexport.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvidexport.py

I have a custom patch to this I wrote which avoids the copy in cases
where I have a transcoding script transcode the file first and write
the transcoded video into the mythvideo location.  In this case
mythvidexport just needs to copy the metadata into the mythvideo
tables.

> Or occasionally to a flash drive or Android tablet?

For Android, I use mobile myth to stream the file from mythvideo.  It
should work to download it as well, if you want to watch it on the go,
but I don't typically do that.

Eric