[mythtv-users] Backend Hardware Questions

Brian S inanimatecrbnrod at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 02:52:20 UTC 2015

Thanks for the input, all. So far the former MBE has been folded into
the desktop. Apart from the typical minor hiccups from migrating a
database to a new machine, all appears to be working great (also
upgraded from 12.04/.25 -> 14.04/.27).

Since cooling/PSU were mentioned a few times - PSU is a 500w Rosewill.
It's been running strong actually for longer than the rest of the
machine, heh.
Re: cooling, the case is an Antec 300 - once I get the last HDD put in,
I'll put another fan in front of the HDD bays, but as it is the two
exhaust fans on back/top suck quite a bit of air across the HDD's.

I suppose I'll report back in a month or few, once I get rid of the
slave backend as well, but all-in-all I realize this is a pretty
uneventful follow-up (a positive). I appreciate all the guidance, everyone!