[mythtv-users] Sony TV upgrade broke CEC

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 12:28:02 UTC 2015

Thanks Gary,

I contact with Sony and the say me that it is not possible to
downgrade the firmware version.

The only help that they give me is to reset the configuration. I reset
it and nothing happens.

I search in the configuration enable/disable "HDMI control" option,
now it works!

Thanks for the help.

Best regards.

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 9:30 PM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Last week I upgrade my TV (Sony KDL-32EX600) firmware to "M 8.728"
>> version, and now I have no CEC working
>
> No longer have any Sony TVs, but check to see if
> the firmware update disabled Bravia-Sync (which
> is what Sony calls their HDMI-CEC implementation).
> Sometimes you need to disable it, exit the various
> screens, then go back in and re-enable it.
>
> Downgrading firmware, if possible via a USB stick,
> would only be a temporary reprieve (eventually
> you will want whatever is fixed/added).
>
> You can always contact Sony directly, since
> they are the ones that "broke" CEC with their
> firmware update.  I suspect that you will not
> be the only one who noticed.
>
> Gary

Josu Lazkano