[mythtv-users] Sony TV upgrade broke CEC

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 01:29:11 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 9:30 PM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Last week I upgrade my TV (Sony KDL-32EX600) firmware to "M 8.728"
> version, and now I have no CEC working

No longer have any Sony TVs, but check to see if
the firmware update disabled Bravia-Sync (which
is what Sony calls their HDMI-CEC implementation).
Sometimes you need to disable it, exit the various
screens, then go back in and re-enable it.

Downgrading firmware, if possible via a USB stick,
would only be a temporary reprieve (eventually
you will want whatever is fixed/added).

You can always contact Sony directly, since
they are the ones that "broke" CEC with their
firmware update.  I suspect that you will not
be the only one who noticed.

Gary