[mythtv-users] Segmentation Fault on frontend

Michael Wisniewski wiz561 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 14:26:16 UTC 2015

MythTV,

I'm running mythbackend v0.27-193-g8ee257c on Ubuntu 14.04 on one box.
I have the backend connecting to my HD Homerun Plus, and then running
Kodi Helix for my frontend.  I've been having a few video problems
with myth, so in order to troubleshoot, I thought I would try to
install Mythfrontend on an Ubuntu 14.04 box on Vmware Fusion.

When I first ran mythfrontend, I was able to view the same channel as
I'm watching through Kodi.  When I changed the channel, my
mythfrontend application hung and then crashed with a segmentation
fault.  When I start mythfrontend again and view "Watch TV', it will
just hang and then segmentation fault again.  Here's the debug log for
mythfrontend...

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/9747848/

I was hoping somebody can give some light onto why this is happening.

Thanks!
Mike