[mythtv-users] MythTV User Status ??

jim jim_32766 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 11 23:28:28 UTC 2015

This is my first Linux install, and my first MythTV install. All is
going well and I have the basic HTPC up and running, but still have some
questions.
From what I've been able to find via Internet searches I think the user
MythTV created via the install is something called a "system user". That
may be why no user called mythtv shows up under /home.
What does this mean for mounting a DVD? Normally, a new folder with the
DVD title and marked by a optical disk icon, would appear under
/media/user when a DVD is put into the system. If mythtv is not a
"normal user" where is the DVD mounted? Or maybe - is the DVD mounted?
Are there pros/cons to making a "normal user" called mythtv?