[mythtv-users] Tuners, conflicts and padding

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 11:10:21 UTC 2015

On 2 January 2015 at 10:49, Paul Raison <paul at raison.org.uk> wrote:

> This is not how my setup works, I wish it was. In fact, I've missed the
> endings of several recordings over the Christmas period on back to back
> programmes where Mythtv has used the same tuner and cutover exactly on the
> scheduled time and completely ignoring the usual padding settings (extra
> recording time). Is there a setting somewhere to make Mythtv honour the
> extra time on back to back recordings? I have both multiple tuners and
> MultiRec setup, so lack of tuners is not a problem.
>
> Regards
> Paul

There are two kinds of padding, "soft" which is set in the frontend and is
ignored is there is consecutive shows and hard that is set on recording
rules and is always honoured, even if conflicts are caused.  Suggest you
may have your set to "soft" (Frontend setup > Video > General) rather than
in the default recording rule.

Cheers

Martin