[mythtv-users] recommendations?: energy efficient FE/BE system

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 18:27:30 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:
> My Prime uses 3 watts idle, 4 watts recording.    Which ends up being
> about $5 a year.   In other words, the point where the aspect of power
> usage probably shouldn't even enter your mind.

I think you are missing the point that some people will
choose as a hobby an attempt to reduce their energy
footprint to the minimum, including painting the house
white in summer, and black in winter to increase the
reflection or absorption of the solar energy (or get those
fancy tiles that change color automatically (did they
commercialize them yet?)).

While some might choose differently, more (less?)
power to them.

MythTV is a hobby too, and some people will spend
many many hours (which if they looked at their
hourly rate might cost them thousands of dollars
per year) in addition to the obvious hardware costs
for care and feeding of their systems.  It is a choice.