[mythtv-users] recommendations?: energy efficient FE/BE system

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 17:46:26 UTC 2015

On 2/27/2015 12:12 PM, Dave MythTV wrote:
> I borrowed a HDHomeRun from a relative for testing, but found that the
> HDHR used quite a lot of electricity - on par with the whole rest of my
> system.

Perhaps the HDHomeRun is significantly different than the Prime?   Or
maybe it's an older, less-efficient model?

My Prime uses 3 watts idle, 4 watts recording.    Which ends up being
about $5 a year.   In other words, the point where the aspect of power
usage probably shouldn't even enter your mind.

-WD