[mythtv-users] Myth recording ~100MB of a show and stopping - Is this due to encryption?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 14:23:59 UTC 2015

I have an HDHomeRun Prime with Charter in Massachusetts. Recently I started
seeing issues with several channels like FX HD and Palladia where Myth
would record the first 100mb of the show or so, and then just stop (though
the tuner would stay in use through  the scheduled duration of the show).

I found that my HDHR firmware was woefully out of date so I updated to the
latest version. I then performed a scan of all channels from the HDHR's web
interface and found that several of the problem channels had a little "DRM"
image next to them. This makes me think that perhaps Charter has just
flipped the encryption (or at least the "Copy Once") switch on these
channels. It's odd though that I'd get the first 30-60 seconds of a show
before it stops working. If encryption is really my issue wouldn't it be an
all-or-nothing kind of scenario?