[mythtv-users] Possible to have duplicate (but slightly-different) schedulesdirect lineup?

Stephen Baker stephen at wildwood.baker.org
Fri Feb 20 03:36:02 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-02-19 at 20:29 -0500, Will Dormann wrote:

> On 2/19/15 1:16 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
> > All you need is to use two "video sources" and two "inputs". I used to
> > have this back when the local channels were not encrypted, so one source
> > had only those channels and the other had all channels.
>
> Well that's the problem that I have.  I have multiple sources and
> multiple inputs.   However, each input must specify where to get its
> channel lineup from.   Currently I have them all share a single
> SchedulesDirect lineup.   And SchedulesDirect doesn't allow making a
> copy of the same lineup (with fewer selected channels).
>

> If SchedulesDirect is where the lineups come from, how would you modify
> channels so that one input has all of them, and the other inputs
> de-select a few of them?

I have multiple sources that receive channel lineup from SchedulesDirect
- two OTA and one cable.  SchedulesDirect allows me to manage 3
different channel lineups and edit each one of them independently.  The
channels overlap between all of the lineups.  I deselect any of the
channels that I do not want presented on a given lineup.  The input
sources are ranked differently in mythtv.  I also rank the channels
between sources and within a source.  (Cable presents some channels more
than once.)  It is important that channel.channum and channel.name are
the same for different sources otherwise mythtv will treat them as
different sources.  The prioritization of inputs and channels allows me
to choose which input will be the preferred input for a particular
content, but will accept a lower priority input if the importance of a
recording using an input is superseded by another recording.  Karl
Newman explained the mechanics of linking video sources to channel
lineups.

Stephen