[mythtv-users] More verbose information from mythlink.pl?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 14:37:43 UTC 2015

I've finally updated my system to MythTV 0.27 and now want to revisit
symlinking all my recordings to a directory that Plex can index. When I
first started this journey a few years ago I used MythicalLibrarian, but
have since attempted to switch 100% to using Mythlink.pl.

I'm running the following command to create symlinks of all recordings to
the show_names directory, separating shows via folder names:

/mythlink.pl --link /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/show_names/ --chanid
%CHANID% --starttime %STARTTIME% --format "%T/%T-S%qs2E%qe2-1%S"
--separator "#"

However, most of my subdirectories are empty. MythicalLibrarian used to log
every single lookup and I could fix each issue, usually caused by metadata
mismatches.
I'm trying to figure out what my issue is with Mythlink - I've added the
--verbose switch to the command but all I get back from that is the
destination directory. How can I get more verbose and track down my issues?
Is anybody still using MythicalLibrarian? Is there another option? I really
don't care what tool I use, I just want to index my shows in Plex's TV
Shows section because it's the only good option for remote viewing at this
time.

Thanks,
Matt