[mythtv-users] Mythlink problems

Scott Moncrieff scottcmoncrieff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 15:13:49 UTC 2015

I cannot seem to get Mythlink(.pl) to work on my new install of Mythbuntu
(14.04.01), all i get is 'Unable to connect to mythbackend, is it running?'

The backend log output shows - Received malformed ANN monitor query.

This is a new install of Mythbuntu with the Cinnamon desktop added.
Bindings version 0.27.-1.0
ttvdb version 1.2.1
tmdb version v0.7.0
Protocal versions:
backend 77
schema 1317

I found a similar issue discussed here which suggested it may be a
mismatched version of Mythtv and Mythlink but it is a new install and
mythlink.pl is bundled with it in the user jobs folder.