[mythtv-users] asus memo pad 7

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Feb 10 19:21:26 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm new to android and I found it a lot different from ordinary
> Linux.

In 2012 I replaced my Maemo based N900 with an Android based Samsung
Galaxy S3.  I've been using it daily since then.  I think it's a
mistake to try to make Android something other than what it is.  It's
not "Linux" the way Debian/Red Hat/etc. are Linux.  It's its own
platform and Google controls it.  It has a ton of apps available,
which is great, but if you want something Linux-y, you need to go to
something more like Tizen.  In many ways I really miss Maemo.

> With MythTV I will probably mostly want to use it to manage the
> recordings etc. like adapting season/episode and metadata values and
> if possible when I'm not home checking my recordings schedule.

But do you really need an app for that?  What's wrong with the web interface?

Eric