[mythtv-users] asus memo pad 7

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 19:17:23 UTC 2015

On Tue Feb 10 2015 at 1:58:56 PM Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 27ADE475-ED0D-442E-BF3D-A4DA90322254 at tigger.ws> <
> CAC73aR0giGwcYQQ468sYjMNiu_WOwkNdc+kcoH8U6sNvBEJmew at mail.gmail.com> <
> CAHyyzzQER6JWYcZRnNptojyXumdLtb271Gcpg=dy0gB87f9B7g at mail.gmail.com>
> <CAC73aR20VrknBAD6DbAOtYjY=6Cvfoi_tdWoUeG9-zHO+-jYmQ at mail.gmail.com> <
> 54D13165.9000708 at marshallparty.org> <CAC73aR1CjLKROEWTQ0bZ5brJCOqF
> fdZ1vNJJkKSaB3pqMe7s5A at mail.gmail.com> <54D13568.8000800 at marshallparty.org>
> <CAC73aR359Le-ZmkDWv0hqGJo9DeNTacuqAKHiFWc_n=9fuHZJQ at mail.gmail.com> <
> 158085958.20150208065950 at gmail.com> <20150208070730.
> 655274imgjw59p9e at mail.mimuw.edu.pl> <4010498779.20150208073139 at gmail.com>
> <CAC73aR15MmcP+51E1T+dywaxGns4w8TVNsLEO2+xZZNupSxCqg at mail.gmail.com>
> <CAPCaEbzKYUij18KaQLB=y8heKUaYrhPD1m8_+juKcXqHquvA3A at mail.gmail.com> <
> 1423583000.31567.20.camel at interlinx.bc.ca> <CAMfXtQzMzxpqt5gPA38QS3Y_
> 37TO7q_h1=eO7hBsC=Dr8uzvzQ at mail.gmail.com> <CAPCaEbw=_QPmGDP4uWOQrX6jSk=R
> GKdMwG5dUKZ_XgydVQ3+dQ at mail.gmail.com> <1473781041.20150
>  210184721 at gmail.com> <CAPCaEbzH38UMNJw8DF7F3Sk9QbP3ge-SeiDtk8Z_7=
> iJrdvnjw at mail.gmail.com>
>
> Hoi Daniel,
>
> Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 7:17:32 PM, you wrote:
>
> > On Tue Feb 10 2015 at 12:51:30 PM Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> Hoi Daniel,

> >> work

> >> full

> >> for
> >>
> >> A pity. It would be nice to manage recordings on the tablet.

> an
> >>
> >> The one of this thread Asus memopad7 (ME176CX) Fully Intel based
> >> atom z3745 quadcore intel HD graphics at 1280x800 (1216x800) With
> >> Android 4.4 Kitkat
> >>

> > Hika,
> > You will be able to play and delete recordings.  What other actions would
> > you like to see from a player on recordings?
>
> I'm new to android and I found it a lot different from ordinary
> Linux. Especially Googles big finger annoys me a bit. I bought the
> thing a week ago, mainly with all kind of managing tasks in mind.
> (remote system management) I spend most of last week rooting it, so I
> can properly secure it and will among others be looking further in
> keeping Google to the basic minimum and breaking their blocks on my
> freedom to use it as I see fit.
> With MythTV I will probably mostly want to use it to manage the
> recordings etc. like adapting season/episode and metadata values and
> if possible when I'm not home checking my recordings schedule.
> Deleting I rather do behind a proper console, so I would like it if I
> could block that on the tablet. Errors are easier made on there.
> It will be fitted with a vpn tunnel to home and a decent firewall, so
> possibly I occasionally will want to watch if I'm not home. This of
> cause depending on if it will be workable (my present recordings are
> all mpeg2 SD)

> [...]

Hika,
There are a few options to getting access to the LogCat on Android:

1. Install a LogCat app on the tablet
Something such as the following link, but this is only one example. There
are others out there.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jtb.alogcat

2. Install the Android Debug Bridge (adb).  If you use ubuntu, i believe it
is in the repo (other distros may have it as well).  Otherwise, you can
download the tools from developer.android.com.  You might need to setup a
udev rule for the Android Tablet.  There are instructions on there as well
for that on linux.  Then, hook the tablet up to a usb cable and on the
computer in a terminal run adb logcat.  Check out the help for it as well
as it will give you some other options to filter out messages not relevant
to this app.

3. Install Android Studio.  All the adb tools are built in and can be
hooked up to the command line as well.  This lets you clone the github
repo, run the app from the most current source. LogCat is is built in as
well, with a great deal of filtering available.

For managing the recordings, the reason they are broke on the old version
of the is because the services api change a bit between .27 and .28.  There
are a lot of configurable options as well, but I have not found how to
populate things like selection lists, etc. from the data available.  It
might be something we can look at in the future, but for right now, I feel
most people are interested in playback.

Dan