[mythtv-users] MythTV on Raspberry PI 2...

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Feb 3 15:58:52 UTC 2015

On 03/02/15 15:30, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
>> I would expect someone would have to generate arm executables. Hmm how
>> well does mingw support building arm binaries?
>
> Probably the bigger issue is that AFAIK Broadcom has never run Windows
> 10 on any of their platforms.  Hence while the OS may run on it, who
> knows what features are exposed in their video drivers?  It could very
> well be just the frame buffer and OpenGL acceleration with no support
> for hardware acceleration for video at all.

My admittedly brief reading of the announcement indicated that the video support
was only rudimentary and was intended more for devices like LCD screens. i.e.
the RPi 2 would not be used as a general-purpose platform but more in the nature
of, say, a control unit in an elevator (lift) or a weighing machine for
supermarket vegetables.

--

Mike Perkins