[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi Newbie Questions

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Wed Dec 30 23:20:55 UTC 2015

On 30/12/15 19:18, Kingsley Turner wrote:
> On 15/12/15 05:38, Jim C wrote:
>> Based on all the discussion regarding the Raspberry Pi as a MythTV
>> frontend I've decided to get one to try. Being totally new to the topic
>> I have some real beginner-level questions - even after visiting the RPi
>> page and the MythTV wiki.
>
> This is where I'm at too.
>
> So I've got my rPi, and the "jessie" image.
>
> Lawrence, I'm trying to follow your instructions, and I'm up to the point
> of running mythbuild.sh on my workstation to cross-compile the mythtv
> binaries for rPi.  But something goes wrong ~

Ok, so now it goes a lot further.

I think this is building the makefiles for the Qt libraries ~
(I've deleted any output lines I thought superfluous to the conversation,
and this was the 2nd run)

[Snugglepot] ./mythbuild.sh -2 -Q 5.4.0

Installing RPI2
RASPBIAN_FLAVOUR=jessie
Building qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.4.0 (release)

./configure -prefix /home/kingsley/Code/rpi/mythinstall -opensource
-confirm-license -xplatform linux-rasp-pi-g++ -release -nomake tools -nomake
examples -no-sql-sqlite -no-sql-odbc -plugin-sql-mysql -no-c++11 -silent
-mysql_config /home/kingsley/Code/rpi/mythinstall/usr/bin/mysql_config
-device linux-rasp-pi-g++ -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-
-device-option QT_SYSROOT=/home/kingsley/Code/rpi/mythinstall -opengl es2
-no-rpath -optimized-qmake -reduce-exports -make libs -no-warnings-are-errors
+ cd qtbase
+
/home/kingsley/Code/rpi/mythbuild/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.4.0/qtbase/configure
-top-level -prefix /home/kingsley/Code/rpi/mythinstall -opensource
-confirm-license -xplatform linux-rasp-pi-g++ -release -nomake tools -nomake
examples -no-sql-sqlite -no-sql-odbc -plugin-sql-mysql -no-c++11 -silent
-mysql_config /home/kingsley/Code/rpi/mythinstall/usr/bin/mysql_config
-device linux-rasp-pi-g++ -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-
-device-option QT_SYSROOT=/home/kingsley/Code/rpi/mythinstall -opengl es2
-no-rpath -optimized-qmake -reduce-exports -make libs -no-warnings-are-errors

This is the Qt Open Source Edition.

Creating qmake...
make: Nothing to be done for `first'.
Running configuration tests...
The OpenGL ES 2.0 functionality test failed!
  You might need to modify the include and library search paths by editing
  QMAKE_INCDIR_OPENGL_ES2, QMAKE_LIBDIR_OPENGL_ES2 and QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL_ES2 in
  /home/kingsley/Code/rpi/mythbuild/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.4.0/qtbase/mkspecs/devices/linux-rasp-pi-g++.

This looks to me like I need some OpenGL ES2 stuff.
I googled these error messages, but nothing that gave me an idea on how to
proceed.

cheers,
-kt