[mythtv-users] Mythtv on CentOS 7

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Fri Dec 11 19:15:46 UTC 2015

On 12/11/15 2:06 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Michael A Weber
> <mweberjunk01 at gmail.com <mailto:mweberjunk01 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hey, users!
>
>     I’m considering upgrading my Mythtv backend to CentOS 7 since
>     there are some other features it has that I need over CentOS 6.
>
>     I have read the page over at mythtv.org <http://mythtv.org> that
>     says, basically, “it works well.”  Aside of that, does anyone have
>     any “gotchas” to share?  Or, is 0.28 of Mythtv close enough on the
>     horizon that I should wait for its release before upgrading
>

> The biggest issue is that the version of QT is too old for 0.27 and
> the QT5 from EPEL is not compatible with 0.27.
I don't recall having any trouble with QT, but frankly it was so long
ago I probably just forgot. Either that, or the reason I didn't have
trouble is that I compile 0.27 from source. I'm using:

qt-4.8.5-8.el7.x86_64
qt-devel-4.8.5-8.el7.x86_64

The biggest trouble I continue to have with CentOS 7 is the abomination
that is systemd, but that's off-topic :-).