[mythtv-users] Sluggish Frontend on 4k TV

Duncan Brown mythtv2 at duncb.co.uk
Thu Dec 3 11:35:18 UTC 2015

Hi All

I've just got a new 4k TV, and navigating the menus in mythtv is
extremely slow

Graphics card is a GT730, but I'm guessing that really make no
difference as it's the CPU that is spiking massively. Once I get into
any kind of TV, video etc to watch it's fine once vdpau takes over.

On the Mythtv side of things I don't have any actual 4k content to watch
anyway, but is there likely to be any way of improving the performance
of the menu frontend?

CPU is a dual core Athon 4850e, so not exactly the greatest

thanks

Duncan