[mythtv-users] Replacing Comcast DTAs

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 19:59:17 UTC 2015

I just got the latest pricing schedule with my Comcast bill (and more
importantly I finally accomplished the upgrade of my MythTV system from
10.04 [shocking! But, hey, it was d__n dependable!] to Mythbuntu 14.04 with
the latest updates, and hopefully I can keep it that way).  My quad pack of
DTAs will now cost me $16/mo, so now that I can use something more modern,
I was looking into the Ceton InfiniTV units I had had an eye on.  Seems
that all their products are out of stock at Newegg, so I was wondering if
there's another sea change afoot that I'm not up to speed on.  Are the
Ceton cards (and boxes) obsolete? Has cablecard been scrapped? What gives?
And more importantly, are there any other alternatives to consider besides
the HDHomeRun boxes? For what it's worth, I'm still on a CRT-based TV, so
SD is good enough.

--
Craig.