[mythtv-users] EIT data in New York City OTA broadcasts.

Cody Hofstetter codyhofstetter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 00:21:20 UTC 2015

Augustine,

Both the "Error opening jump program file buffer" and "Could not read first
2048 bytes" have numerous causes. From my understanding, they are both
closely interrelated. What the "could not read" error references is
typically that there was no data in the buffer to read and hence the
request has timed out (no data). The "error opening jump program file
buffer" basically means that it couldn't switch channels (again, for any
number of reasons). If you are interested in figuring them out further, you
could use the verbose option and examine your logs.

I personally was receiving both of these using a cablecard/prime setup and
would receive the errors whenever trying to access a channel with DRM
(didn't know at the time the channels had DRM).

--
If you have any questions feel free to contact me at this email.

Thanks,
*Cody Hofstetter*
*CodyHofstetter at gmail.com <CodyHofstetter at gmail.com>*

*CodyHofstetter.com <http://www.CodyHofstetter.com> *