[mythtv-users] HD-PVR2 support (please vote)

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Aug 27 09:46:15 UTC 2015

On Aug 26, 2015 11:43 PM, "John P Poet" <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 9:10 PM Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 10:35 PM, James MacKenzie <mst3000 at newsguy.com>
wrote:
>> > Then again, there was also a sub-thread in here about an actual
>> > Hauppauge-written Linux driver.
>>
>> Right.  I don't understand why everyone is so eager to fund a third
>> party driver when Happauge has a sample app for recording under Linux
>> right on their web site.
>>
>> http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/linux.html#tab-3
>>
>> Eric
>

> Maybe because we want it to work reliably?
>
> I spent hours and hours working on myth to work-around issues with the
original HD-PVR.  If you are willing to do that for the HD-PVR2, then
great, I await your patches.

What's your logic here?  Because you and some other people have have had
problems with the HD PVR 1, they must have been caused purely by a bad
driver and therefore Hauppauge as a whole is incompetent and incapable of
writing a driver for the HD PVR 2? A third party closed source driver is
going to fix all the yet-to-be-observed problems with the HD PVR 2?

Eric