[mythtv-users] EIT data in New York City OTA broadcasts.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 25 03:12:48 UTC 2015

On 08/24/2015 08:33 PM, A. F. Cano wrote:
> All EIT data has the seemingly random issue that was
> being discussed in a thread earlier today about the program contents
> being mismatched to the actual show.  This issue apparently affects data
> received by Schedules Direct too.

No, Schedules Direct data, and the listings in the MythTV database when
using Schedules Direct, do not have an issue where program descriptions
are mismatched to the actual show.  Only when you have EIT overwriting
parts of the data that Schedules Direct put in place do you have
problems when using Schedules Direct, but those problems are caused by
the unsupported (and completely unnecessary and useless) use of EIT on a
channel whose listings you've configured to come from Schedules Direct
(and not from EIT).

Using only Schedules Direct on a channel will give you great
listings--the same ones used by Tivo and other STBs.  And I can
guarantee that if Tivo users got mismatched listings after paying
$15+/mo for those listings, they would complain and Tivo wouldn't stay
in business.  So it's wonderful that we can get those exact same
high-quality listings used by TiVo for only $25/yr thanks to Schedules
Direct and thanks to all the F/LOSS program users who are members of
Schedules Direct paying a small portion of Schedules Direct's cost to
license the use of that listings data.

Mike