[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings scrolling and update

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Aug 20 18:26:59 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 01:33:00 PM Karl Newman wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca>
> wrote:
> >   1 - the series column, on the left, doesn't scroll in a circle anymore,
> >       so I can't go up from "All programs" to NOVA, for example - I have
> >       to scroll all the way down.
> >
> > That one can be modified in the theme. In recordings-ui.xml, around line

Excellent. And very easy to do: edit the file and save, exit Watch Recordings and re-enter and the change is visible. No need to restart anything - the xml is just a layout specification.

On Thursday, August 20, 2015 05:00:06 PM Mike Perkins wrote:

> > This may also be a MythCenter(-Wide) artifact, but I have noticed that when a
> > series is selected in the left column, the individual shows are NOT sorted in
> > date order. Once upon a time, the individual shows were dated ordered, oldest at
> > the top. Now they are not. The 'old' version was at least as of MythCenter-Wide
> > 1.1 or so. Off the top of my head, I think the new (dis-ordered) version is 1.7.
> >
> > I took a look at recordings-ui.xml but i could not find anywhere which seemed to
> > relate to the ordering of entries in the show list.
> > Does anyone know whether setting the sort order is possible in the xml?
> >
> I use MythCenter-Wide and for me, the episodes are always in /descending/ date
> order... but that does not include the year!
>
> That does make it difficult sometimes to figure out which is the next ep. to watch.
>
> Stock deb-multimedia and 0.27.5, I believe.

Odd, I don't have that problem. Maybe because I don't have many recordings, but I do have enough to verify that everything is ordered newest->oldest.

It would be nice to put the year on the dates (even just a /yy appended) but that may only interest folks who keep old recordings.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca