[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings scrolling and update

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Aug 20 19:43:31 UTC 2015

On 08/20/2015 02:26 PM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 01:33:00 PM Karl Newman wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca>
>> wrote:
>>>    1 - the series column, on the left, doesn't scroll in a circle anymore,
>>>        so I can't go up from "All programs" to NOVA, for example - I have
>>>        to scroll all the way down.
>>>
>>> That one can be modified in the theme. In recordings-ui.xml, around line
>
> Excellent. And very easy to do: edit the file and save, exit Watch Recordings and re-enter and the change is visible. No need to restart anything - the xml is just a layout specification.
>
> On Thursday, August 20, 2015 05:00:06 PM Mike Perkins wrote:
>>
>>> This may also be a MythCenter(-Wide) artifact, but I have noticed that when a
>>> series is selected in the left column, the individual shows are NOT sorted in
>>> date order. Once upon a time, the individual shows were dated ordered, oldest at
>>> the top. Now they are not. The 'old' version was at least as of MythCenter-Wide
>>> 1.1 or so. Off the top of my head, I think the new (dis-ordered) version is 1.7.
>>>
>>> I took a look at recordings-ui.xml but i could not find anywhere which seemed to
>>> relate to the ordering of entries in the show list.
>>> Does anyone know whether setting the sort order is possible in the xml?
>>>
>> I use MythCenter-Wide and for me, the episodes are always in /descending/ date
>> order... but that does not include the year!

I have that in the 'All Recordings' list, but not when a series/show is
selected.  Weird.

>> That does make it difficult sometimes to figure out which is the next ep. to watch.

It does that!

>> Stock deb-multimedia and 0.27.5, I believe.

Fedora 20 and master about 3 months old with MythCenter-wide 1.7 (I think)

> Odd, I don't have that problem. Maybe because I don't have many recordings, but I do have enough to verify that everything is ordered newest->oldest.
>
> It would be nice to put the year on the dates (even just a /yy appended) but that may only interest folks who keep old recordings.

That can be done with some spacing re-arrangements. I was going to post
some patches, but I could never get a round to-it. There are square
to-it's in every corner store but round ones are always out of stock!.

More seriously, the spacing of items in the layout need to be adjusted
to provide more space for date items etc, I have done that on my home
setup but never posted patches.

Geoff