[mythtv-users] Probably a dumb question..Myth History

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Wed Aug 19 12:03:13 UTC 2015

Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote on Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 11:28:29AM +0100:
> Michael A Weber <mweberjunk01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The behavior I have always seen is that if it records it, it will not
> > re-record it unless you select “delete and re-record” when you go to delete
> > it. That is, the episode is recorded if it has never been recorded or you
> > want to record it again (say, in the event that the recording you have is
> > cut short, your cable provider went south during the episode, etc).
>
> This is set in the recording rule - you can ignore previously recorded
> episodes (ie re-record them) or select one of the duplicate matching options.

Where is the setting for ignoring previously recorded episodes? I'm debugging an
issue where Myth is recording duplicates of an episode, and I don't see a
setting for that. My understanding from the wiki and previous discussion on the
list is that Myth first checks the programid then falls back to the duplicate
matching setting if the programids don't provide sufficient info. I haven't seen
anyone mention a setting to ignore previously recorded episodes.