[mythtv-users] ASUS ChromeBox-M075U at Newegg today

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Fri Aug 14 16:00:46 UTC 2015

On 8/14/2015 8:39 AM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 3:15 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>> Well I wasn't able to get perfect output from my ECS Liva with Intel
>> graphics. Pretty good but not Nvidia VDPAU great. I'm still seeing
>> hesitations in things like news crawls.
> Without the work David mentioned, the better de-interlacing
> levels that the newer chips are capable of is not accessible
> to MythTV (may still not be ndivia great, but in the same
> ballpark).
>
> Rewriting that code has been "on the interest list" of many
> people, but AFAIK no one is currently actively working on
> the rework.

So, given the Intel-Nvidia split mentioned on this list and the demise
of the Ion platform, it sounds as if there is no perfect
micro/single-board solution for Myth right now. It sounds as if the only
answer is discreet Nvidia video cards and the larger form factors that
entails.

That is, the only integrated video hardware I am seeing is Intel.