[mythtv-users] HD-PVR2 support (please vote)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 22:33:11 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 10:07 PM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> Devin is a respected name in the community of driver writers and I believe
> that anything he produces would be solid enough not to require the kind of
> work-arounds mentioned above.

He is not, however, yet a miracle worker(**).  The HDPVR has a number
of hardware challenges that cannot really be solved via software(*)
I once had another Hauppuage tuner whose only real fix was to put it
on a peltier cooler or under an A/C (fans were not enough in a warm
room).  The HDPVR is reported to be similarly thermally challenged.

(*) And anyone who has never experienced a kernel usb glitch is in
very rare company (can you select this weeks lottery numbers?
A winning ticket could fund MythTV development for years).

(**) I am sure it is a stretch goal on his one-on-one eval.