[mythtv-users] HLS AES-128 Decrypt Not Working

wn htr2011 wnhtr2011 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 04:03:34 UTC 2015

I have tried to use the IPTV recorder to record HLS streams encrypted with
AES-128 Encryption in MythTV latest versions of 0.27 and 0.28, but am not
getting any video.

I have verified that I have compiled with USING_LIBCRYPTO, but don't see
any attempts from mythtv to download the AES-128 keys as listed in the
#EXT-X-KEY
.m3u8 manifest. I can see that mythtv is downloading the segments from the
manifest, but not the keys (therefore it is unable to decrypt video).

Any help would be appreciated.

>From what I can tell it seems like the issue is in HLSReader.cpp. On line
588 we have "hls->SetKeyPath(DecodedURI(uri.remove(QChar(QLatin1Char('"')))));",
however down at line 1297 "if (segment.HasKeyPath())" the if statement
comes back false and doesn't attempt a key download.