[mythtv-users] Apache/MythWeb progress (Gentoo): access from LAN?

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Tue Apr 28 03:10:10 UTC 2015

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015, Hika van den Hoven wrote:

> It's good you found it. You can easily stop/start iptables with
> rc-config stop/start iptables. So you can test.

Thanks for the tip on stopping/starting iptables, Hika. Once I ran
"rc-configstop iptables" I was, finally, able to view MythWeb from another
machine on my LAN. So that seems to be working now.

Whatever was the problem with nginx/php-fpm seems to have been a different
one. I was never able to access MythWeb even from localhost when I was
experimenting with that combination. I don't see how connections from
other hosts would have gone any differently.

I've got a couple of other key issues concerning certain program
scheduling being available for only a couple of days out, as well as what
may be something like database corruption (program description that are
mistmatches with titles, programming appearing on wrong channels,
recordings not happening), but I'll ask about those issues in a separate
thread. At some point I'll have to post again on Gentoo forums asking help
with re-enabling vaapi under MythTV. But I do seem to be making some
progress.