[mythtv-users] Apache/MythWeb progress (Gentoo): access from LAN?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 01:11:29 UTC 2015

Hoi James,

Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 2:58:41 AM, you wrote:

> I think I've understood the reason why I'm having trouble accessing
> MythWeb from outside localhost. And I think it does have to do with
> iptables, as has been suggested. You see, I'd forgotten that, in the
> original iteration of this set-up, I'd intended to have an HDRH-US4 on a
> separate subnet established on this machine's wired ethernet port (it
> connects to my LAN by wifi). To set that up, I followed directions at this
> page https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Home_Router. And, looking over those
> directions anew, I see I did, indeed, install and configure iptables
> according to directions found there. So it's likely I've been on a bit of
> a wild goose chase, and have dragged certain well-intentioned members of
> this list along with me--my apologies for any inconvenience I might have
> caused. Nick and Gabe have likely been on the right track.

> Now I have to figure out what to do about it. If it does turn out to be an
> iptables issue, it's not really something to post about here. I still
> haven't decided whether I'll keep the HDHR in the mix, so I've got to
> determine that before deciding how to reconfigure, or whether to just
> uninstall, iptables and its obviate its configuration.

It's good you found it. You can easily stop/start iptables with
rc-config stop/start iptables. So you can test.
I in the back of my mind knew it would be some stupidly overlooked
thing and since you have been fighting with so many things to get this
working..., It's totally understandable.

Good luck!

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven