[mythtv-users] mythweb streaming issue 0.28

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 16:37:38 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 10:05 AM, dennis <deg at outlook.com> wrote:

> I noticed that with the 0.28 release all the recordings are now stored as
> .ts files ( was .mpg in 0.27 ).   I have issues streaming the files or
> saving them via mythweb.    The error I am getting is: "Unknown video type
> requested:"
>
> I have tracked this down to the "modules/stream_raw.pl"  and it looks
> like it is missing the ".ts" file type in the code.   I have added the
> following code locally at line 29 and it seems to be working.
>
> elsif ($basename =~ /\.ts$/) {
>         $type   = 'video/mpg';
>         $suffix = '.mpg';
>     }
>
> Is this the correct mime type and file name to be setting for a .ts file?
> How do I go about getting this change in the official code base?

video/mp2t
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmythupnp/httprequest.cpp#L128
video/mp2p for UPnP.

However, MythWeb is EOL'd for 0.28, so I doubt they would take a patch. If
you really wanted to you could make a pull request on it's github or file a
trac ticket.
I haven't used 0.28-pre, but I would see what features are built in to the
webfrontend and the backend webserver. Then let us know :)