[mythtv-users] Commercial Detection

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 11:42:48 UTC 2015

> > have you tried the Commflag Silence detection?
> >
> > https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Commercial_detection_with_silences
> >
> > usually I'm getting 95-99% on most Australian channels, Channel 7
> results lately have been alittle off for atleast one kids show I record but
> all the others are usually pretty accurate.
> >
> Holy cow that's some amazing wiki work someone did there! I'll give this a
> whirl and report back.

So far so good. I tried it on an episode of Wonderland tonight. The
recording was 140 minutes long. It detected the ads extremely well. The
only mistakes it made were at the beginning (which may have been due to an
advert for another program) and at the end. It missed the end and detected
ads a few minutes after the program had finished. But I don't mind that as
I stop watching when the credits roll anyway!