[mythtv-users] Commercial Detection

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 15:14:16 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 9:37 AM, dennis <deg at outlook.com> wrote:
> It varies greatly depending on the show.  Seems to work better for me with
> OTA, not quite as good with comcast cable.

I use Myth purely with OTA (New York area networks) and have been
using commercial detection for a long time.  Years ago it was almost
flawless, but I think the broadcasters have made changes over the
years that have started tripping it up a bit.

I still works generally well, but it does depend on the show.  Some
work perfectly and others get false positives or the occasional skip
that skips too far etc.

Tom