[mythtv-users] MythTV Player 1.1.5 available to all on Google Play Store

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Apr 12 01:59:56 UTC 2015

> On 12 Apr 2015, at 1:42 am, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
>>> That came up during testing, including the case of prefixed
> (e.g.ttvdb.py_)
>>> v.s. non prefixed. The specific case for grouping different inetrefs for
>>> the same title is (for example): Masterpiece Classics, where the title
>>> is the same, but some users choose to manually put unique inetrefs for
>>> Downton Abbey, The Paradise and Inspector Lewis. MythTV users that
> prefer
>>> to use one inetref for all "sub showings" of a given title will find
>>> all of them grouped together.
>>
>> Ok, but I haven't done that.
>>
>>> As it is now, the 2 inetrefs you cited are considered to be different.
>>> That's why you see 2 groups of Jon's (soon to be Trevor's) show. I
>>> suspect those displaying 71256 are older shows.
>>
>> I haven't found a pattern.  Some old recordings have the prefix, some
> don't.
>>

> The prefix was added last July to alleviate the problem of (explicit) movie
> artwork being shown for TV shows.
>
> For a short while, a colon was used as separator before changing to
> underscore, so you may have three inetref styles.
>
> It took me less than 15 minutes to merge mine manually with SQL.

I’m ideallogically anti apple, they are the worst, BUT the apps for my iPad are significantly better quality than those for my android (galaxy tab s which is lovely) eg prompt vs juiceSSH, eg 8player vs BubbleUPNP even VLC on the iPad just-works whereas the android version crashes often.

I tried mythTV player a while ago and it was really crap that did not work. Has anybody got a more recent ‘this is great’?
Does Abobe playing hard saying no more flash for android affect mythTV Player?

iPad will not play mythTV streams but the transcode scripts that Eric posted a while ago work sweetly and after transcode the stuff all plays.

James